In this unit we will learn vocabulary related to crime. We also have a set of activities to practise.
Activities: 1 2 3 4 5
Lesson Plan pdf Crosswords Vocabulary pdf Test
Asking for advice:
- I've got a bad toothache. What do you suggest?
- What do you advise me to do?
- What should I do?
- What ought I to do?
- What's your advice?
- If you were me what would you do?
- If I were you, I would go to the dentist.
- Why don't you go to the dentist?
- You'd better brush your teeth regularly.
- You ought to/should avoid eating sweets.
- If you take my advice, you'll go to the dentist.
- It might be a good idea to brush your teeth on a regular basis.
- I advise you to brush your teeth on a regular basis.
- Have you thought about seeing a dentist.
Declining to give advice
- I don't know what to advise, I'm afraid.
- I wish I could suggest something, but I can't.
- I wish I could help.
- I'm afraid I can't really help you.
|Student:||I'm terrible at English and I think I should do something about it. What do you advise me to do?|
|Teacher:||I think you should try this website. It's a fantastic website for beginners.|
|Student:||I've heard about it, but what do you think I should start with?|
|Teacher:||You'd better start with the lessons.Then, try the exercises.|